The FA alongside BT Sport and BBC Sport announced plans to give fans unprecedented access to tune in to view this season’s FA Women’s Super League. The new season kicks-off on Friday 22 September on BT Sport with the eagerly anticipated Merseyside derby, which will be broadcast exclusively live on BT Sport 2.
Featuring 20 clubs from across the country, The FA Women’s Super League offers fans the chance to watch some of the biggest names in women’s football.
Fans will get more opportunities than ever to view FA Women’s Super League games with a selection of live games broadcast on TV by league sponsor BT Sport, online and red-button by the BBC and The FA’s WSL Facebook page (facebook.com/FAWSL) as well as live commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live.
14 fixtures up until Sunday 12 November have been selected to be broadcast live, details as follows:
- Everton Ladies vs Liverpool Ladies – Friday 22 September, BT Sport 2 / BBC Radio 5 Live, 19.45 KO
- Chelsea Ladies vs Bristol City Women – Sunday 24 September, BBC Sport Online, 12.30 KO
- Reading Women vs Sunderland Ladies – Sunday 24 September, FA WSL Facebook, 14.00 KO
- Manchester City Women vs Arsenal Women – Saturday 30 September, BT Sport 1 / BBC Radio 5 Live, 12.30 KO
- Bristol City Women vs Yeovil Town Ladies – Saturday 30 September, FA WSL Facebook, 17.30 KO
- Birmingham City Ladies vs Everton Ladies – Sunday 1 October, BBC Sport Online & Red Button, 12.30 KO
- Chelsea Ladies vs Liverpool Ladies – Saturday 7 October, BT Sport 1, 12.30 KO
- Everton Ladies vs Manchester City Women – Saturday 7 October , FA WSL Facebook, 19.00 KO
- Reading Women vs Birmingham City Ladies – Sunday 8 October, BBC Radio 5 Live, 14.00 KO
- Arsenal Women vs Bristol City Women – Sunday 8 October, BBC Sport Online & Red Button, 12.30 KO
- Manchester City Women vs Birmingham City Ladies – Sunday 29 October, BBC Sport Online & Red Button, 12.30 KO
- Everton Ladies vs Arsenal Women – Sunday 29 October, FA WSL Facebook / BBC Radio 5 Live, 14.00 KO
- Liverpool Ladies vs Birmingham City Ladies – Saturday 11 November, FA WSL Facebook, 17.30 KO
- Reading Women vs Chelsea Ladies – Sunday 12 November, BBC Sport Online & Red Button, 12.30 KO
Fans will also be able to watch individual match highlights from every FA WSL 1 match via The FA’s For Girls online platform each week (https://forgirls.thefa.com/) and on the BBC’s weekly Women’s Football Show. There will also be live clip updates via The FA WSL Twitter page (@FAWSL).
Katie Brazier, The FA’s Head of Women’s Leagues and Competitions said: “We’re delighted that there are now more opportunities than ever to view The FA Women’s Super League live. The unprecedented number of games being broadcast, is a proof point of our determination to double the women’s football fanbase in this country by 2020”
Simon Green, Head of BT Sport, said: “BT Sport has been a supporter of women’s football since we launched four years ago and it’s fantastic to see the growth and success of women’s football in that time. This coming season we will air live league games plus the Continental Cup Final and from next season we will also bring fans coverage of the SSE Women’s FA Cup. We’re proud to be working with the FA and BBC to continue to grow the women’s game.”
Barbara Slater, Director of BBC Sport, said: “We are proud to add these new WSL fixtures to our already extensive portfolio of the game. These new live games alongside the regular Women’s Football Show on BBC Two, live commentaries on Radio 5 live sports extra and our live international matches and Women’s World Cup qualifying games makes the BBC’s women’s football offering stronger than ever.”
For more information on the FA Women’s Super League including fixtures, news and ticketing visit: http://www.fawsl.com.
Report courtesy of the FA