England Women U20 head coach Jo Yapp has made three changes for the second of two matches against France, this time taking place at Stade Guy Boniface, Mont-de-Marsan on Friday night (KO 7pm).
All three changes come in the backs, where Chantelle Miell returns to the squad for the first time since the second match of the U20 summer series against Canada in August, in place of the injured Tazmin Bricknell.
Winger Jessica Breach, who scored four tries for Aylesford Bulls against Richmond in the Women’s Premiership in January, comes into the side to make her fourth appearance for the U20s with Sophie Tandy dropping to the bench.
Bristol centre Lucy Attwood, who has made two appearances for the Women’s Premiership leaders this season, also starts with Ella Wyrwas dropping out of the squad.
The pack remains unchanged with Zoe Aldcroft starting at No. 8 following her try in the 7-17 loss against France at Esher RFC on 25 February.
Bristol flanker Poppy Leitch again captains the side with Saracens fly half Zoe Harrison remaining as vice-captain.
Jeanine Stephenson, Holly Cunningham and Rowan White are on the bench with White looking to make her U20 debut.
Head coach Jo Yapp said: “We dominated possession and territory in the first match at Esher RFC but we just weren’t clinical enough and France punished us by taking their chances well.
“The players were disappointed but this level of rugby is a steep learning curve and the way they have applied themselves in our recent training camp has been a credit to them.
“We have been forced to make a few changes but I’m confident the side we have picked can go out there and improve on their performance last time.
“We know how strong France will be at home so it’s another huge challenge for our players but we are looking forward to seeing how they respond from the recent defeat.”
Friday’s match is England Women U20’s third of the season following a 38-15 win over Army Women at Aldershot Army Rugby Stadium on 16 February and the first match against France.
England Women U20
- Catriona McNaney (Bristol, University of Exeter)
- Emma Uren (Saracens, St Mary’s University, Twickenham)
- Lagilagi Tuima (Plymouth Albion)
- Lucy Attwood (Bristol, University of Bristol)
- Jessica Breach (Aylesford Bulls, Chichester University)
- Zoe Harrison (Saracens, Middlesex University)
- Chantelle Miell (Bristol, University of Bath)
- Ellena Perry (Saracens, Coventry University)
- Hannah West (Wasps, Brunel University)
- Ellie Mulhearn (Bristol, Filton College)
- Molly Morrissey (Lichfield, Hartpury College)
- Anna Wolf (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, Northumbria University)
- Sally Stott (Vale of Lune, Edinburgh University)
- Poppy Leitch (Bristol, University of Exeter) ©
- Zoe Aldcroft (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, Northumbria University)
- Ellie Gilbert (Exeter Saracens, Hartpury College)
- Michaella Roberts (Plymouth Albion)
- Jeanine Stephenson (Bristol, University of Exeter)
- Holly Cunningham (Cleve RFC, Hartpury College)
- Rosanna Moynihan (Welwyn, Hartpury College)
- Brooke Bradley (Bristol)
- Rowan White (Saracens)
- Sophie Tandy (Aylesford Bulls)
England Women U20 fixtures:
- England 38 – 15 Army Women
Thursday 16 February, Aldershot Army Rugby Stadium
- England 7 – 17 France
Saturday 25 February, Esher RFC
- France v England: Friday 17 March, KO 7pm, Stade Guy Boniface, Mont-de-Marsan
Report courtesy of the RFU