England Squads are selected from the three INTCs for Senior and U21 competitions and, from the National Academy for U19 and U17 competitions.
The England High Performance (Senior and U21) and Pathway (U19 and U17) Programmes, prepare athletes for Competition, with the overall aim of;
- Sustaining a high level of performance, not ‘one off’ success
- Producing a culture of elite expectation and commitment
- Promoting a stated intention to win major championships and to build teams for this long term ambition
- More frequent interaction as England teams, and between age groups
- Ensuring there is an increased number of better quality athletes progressing into the High Performance Programmes from the Pathway.