Richmond Rugby would like to invite applications for the position of Assistant Coach of our Women’s Section. Details of the role, responsibilities, application process and timings are included below.
RICHMOND RUGBY CLUB: ASSISTANT COACHES WOMEN’S SECTION
The Richmond Women’s Section is a fully integrated section of the wider Richmond Rugby Club. Following the recent appointment of our new Head Coach, the club is now looking to recruit a total of 3 x Assistant Coaches as part of the Women’s Section coaching team.
Each Assistant Coach will be responsible for the delivery of sessions devised by the Head Coach and support him in the running and training development of both the First and Second XV squads.
The First XV will play in the RFU Championship South. The location of the Second XV is yet to be decided by the RFU. The First XV squad consists of a number of established senior TP15s players and many others with experience of playing in the TP15s Development League. The Women’s Championship South competition dates and official return to play date are yet to be confirmed by the RFU. However fixtures will be played on both Saturdays and Sundays, with club training on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Whilst this is not a full time position, the nature of the role will require the successful candidates to be able to put in the requisite time and commitment to the role. It is an excellent opportunity for anyone who currently has their Level 3 or is working towards this qualification, as it will expand their coaching experience given the calibre of the players involved.
REPORTS TO: The Assistant Coaches will be appointed by the Richmond Director of Rugby and report directly to the Women’s Section Head Coach.
DURATION: Appointed in Summer 2020 for the 2020/21 domestic league season.
SALARY: There is a budget for expense remuneration that will be subject of discussion upon appointment of the successful candidates.
- Ideally hold or be working towards a current Level 3 RFU coaching qualification or its equivalent.
- Be an experienced and successful rugby coach at senior level and had previous management/coaching or playing experience in senior rugby sides (This
- will require references).
- Will possess a current and valid DBS disclosure certificate.
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to engage and motivate at all levels.
- Be hardworking, honest, trustworthy and able to buy into and positively shape the culture and ethos of the section and club
- To help deliver the training plan as devised by the Head Coach for the Women’s Section. This will include the league and competition phases.
- Implement / coach the attacking and defensive strategies for all squads as directed by the Head Coach.
- Support the Head Coach on delivery of the First XV and Second XV squad training sessions and assist / lead on match days, ensuring that all training sessions are focused and directed to maximise player development, intensity and enjoyment.
- Assist in on-going player feedback as directed by the Head Coach; to include individual feedback for players’ IDPs.
- Embody and drive good on and off-field behaviours in line with club values and the Women’s Sections culture as defined by the Head Coach.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 28th July 2020
The club would like to have the successful candidate in place by early August.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email your up to date rugby and employment CV to:
Richmond Director of Rugby Steve Hill on firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Head Coach Mark Cadogan on email@example.com