England Women U20s head coach Jo Yapp has named her team to play Canada in their second Tri-Nations Cup fixture at Loughborough University on Sunday [28 July].
Yapp makes a number of changes to the side who defeated the USA last weekend with Connie Powell, Florence Long, Anya Richmond and Beth Wilcock coming into the starting XV.
Loughborough’s Ellen Ramsbottom moves to centre while Jess Thomas takes her place among the finishers.
Carys Cox and Cara Clarke both crossed twice as the young Red Roses secured a 62-0 win over the Women’s Eagles.
The Canadians recording a comfortable 24-7 victory over the USA in their meeting on Wednesday.
In the three-nation tournament hosted by Canada last year, England secured the title as they went undefeated across their matches with a 36-17 victory over USA and a 27-17 win against Canada.
The young Red Roses side also beat Canada 36-22 in an additional development game.
England Women U20s head coach Yapp said: “We have made a few changes to ensure all players in camp have an opportunity to play, as this camp is all about developing players for the next step up.
“Everyone has worked really hard this week both on and off the field and we are really looking forward to the challenge ahead.”
This match will be non-ticketed with entry to the games at Loughborough University free.
Travel information can be found here.
England Women U20s
15. Carys Cox, Worcester Warriors Women/Cardiff Metropolitan University
14. Beth Wilcock, Harlequins Ladies/Brockenhurst College
13. Phoebe Murray, Bristol Bears Women/Bristol University (Vice-captain)
12. Ellen Ramsbottom, Loughborough Lightning/Loughborough College
11. Cara Clarke, Worcester Warriors Women/University of Bath
10. Lucie Skuse, Bristol Bears Women, Bristol Bears Women (Vice-captain)
9. Jodie Mallard, Loughborough Lightning/Loughborough College
1. Akina Gondwe, Worcester Warriors Women/University of Worcester
2. Connie Powell, Gloucester-Hartpury Women/Hartpury College
3. Florence Long, Bristol Bears Women/SGS College Filton
4. Iona Antwis, Gloucester-Hartpury Women/Hartpury College
5. Hollie Cunningham, Bristol Bears Women/Exeter University
6. Ebony Jefferies, Bristol Bears Women/University of Exeter
7. Tabitha Copson, Gloucester-Hartpury Women/Hartpury College (Captain)
8. Anya Richmond, Loughborough Lightning/Loughborough College
16. Eleanor Febrey, Gloucester-Hartpury Women/Hartpury College
17. Lauren Leatherland, Worcester Warriors Women/University of Worcester
18. Jessica Thomas, Bristol Bears Women/University of Exeter
19. Bryony Field, Loughborough Lightning/Loughborough College
20. Amelia Harper, Loughborough Lightning/Loughborough College
21. Flo Robinson, Pulborough RFC
22. Emma Hardy, Loughborough Lightning/Loughborough University
23. Jess Cooksey, Gloucester-Hartpury Women/Hartpury College
Tri-Nations Cup results/fixtures
Saturday 20 July: England Women U20 62-0 USA Women U20
Wednesday 24 July: USA Women U20 7-24 Canada Women U20
Sunday 28 July: Canada Women U20 v England Women U20 (KO 15:00 BST)
Courtesy of the RFU