England Women U20s head coach Jo Yapp has made one change to the starting line-up for the match against France Women U20s at Esher RFC on Saturday (KO 3pm).
Wasps hooker Hannah West, who has appeared nine times in the Women’s Premiership this term, comes into the side to receive her seventh U20 cap following the 38-15 win over Army Women at Army Aldershot Stadium last Thursday.
Exeter Saracens prop Ellie Gilbert and Worcester Valkyries back Brooke Clarke could make their U20 debuts after they were named on the replacements bench.
Bristol flanker Poppy Leitch again captains the side with Saracens fly half Zoe Harrison remaining as vice-captain.
Zoe Aldcroft, who appeared as a substitute in England’s 2017 Six Nations matches against France and Wales, returns to the U20 squad after being named player of the match against Army Women.
Head coach Jo Yapp said: “We were pleased with our performance against Army Women, particularly in the second half, but there is still a lot to work on and we are hoping to build on that against France.
“We have made a few changes to the squad to give other players an opportunity to show us what they can do and we are confident this group can build on their performance both individually and as a team.
“As we know France are a very strong side and they will really challenge our players but we are looking forward to seeing how the players respond to the test. As a development side these games are crucial for preparing the girls for that step up into the senior squad.”
Saturday’s game is the first of two matches against France Women U20s with the second taking place on Friday 17 March at Stade Guy Boniface, Mont-de-Marsan (KO 7pm).
Entry for the match against France Women U20s on Saturday will be free at Esher RFC, located off the A309.
England Women U20s
15. Catriona McNaney (Bristol, University of Exeter)
14. Sophie Tandy (Aylesford Bulls)
13. Ella Wyrwas (Welwyn, Hartpury College)
12. Lagilagi Tuima (Plymouth Albion)
11. Emma Uren (Saracens, St Mary’s University, Twickenham)
10. Zoe Harrison (Saracens, Middlesex University)
9. Tazmin Bricknell (Bristol, Hartpury College)
1. Ellena Perry (Saracens, Coventry University)
2. Hannah West (Wasps, Brunel University)
3. Ellie Mulhearn (Bristol, Filton College)
4. Molly Morrissey (Lichfield, Hartpury College)
5. Anna Wolf (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, Northumbria University)
6. Sally Stott (Vale of Lune, Edinburgh University)
7. Poppy Leitch (Bristol, University of Exeter) ©
8. Zoe Aldcroft (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, Northumbria University)
16. Ellie Gilbert (Exeter Saracens, Hartpury College)
17. Michaella Roberts (Plymouth Albion)
18. Brogan Churm (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, Northumbria University)
19. Rosanna Moynihan (Welwyn, Hartpury College)
20. Charlie Wilcock (Waterloo)
21. Brooke Bradley (Bristol)
22. Lucy Attwood (Bristol, University of Bristol)
23. Brooke Clarke (Worcester Valkyries)
England Women U20 fixture and results list:
- England Women U20s 38 – 15 Army Women
Thursday 16 February, Aldershot Army Rugby Stadium
- England v France: Saturday 25 February, KO 3pm, Esher RFC (free entry)
- France v England: Friday 17 March, KO 7pm, Stade Guy Boniface, Mont-de-Marsan
Report courtesy of the RFU